Monday, July 26, 2004

Free No Limit Holdem at Old Chicago

Free No Limit Holdem at Old Chicago

Good thing this was free.

7 players, each with T10,000. Blinds start at 500/1000, with 1000 minimum bet. Blinds scheduled to double every 15 minutes, or when anyone is knocked out. Yikes.

Tables/seats randonmly assigned by drawing cards. I get table 2, seat 2. Button starts at seat one, so I'm in the SB to start.

4 players call, I gets rags, fold. Flop 2,Q, x. BB Check, UTG check, LP raise 2000, buttons raise 1000, fold, fold, LP all in, Buton calls.
(Wow this is goona be fast).
Button has pocket 2's
LP shows Q7o, for a pair of queens
Turn is a blank, no help, no straights or flushes possible.
River is Queen.

Button gets up, thinking he lost. Entire table and gallery are thinking the trip Q's won. Dealer is stacking the chips up for the Queens, when the dealer realizes his mistake, has someone get the the real winner just as he's leaving the bar for the parking lot. trip 2's plus a pair of queens is a full house. 20 people missed that for over a minute.

Man, this live play is wild. Can't even trust the dealer. I better start paying attention.

Take a drink of guinness ( what else ?), and try and settel down.

on the button......ahhhh the Paris and Nicki... this should be good.

couple of limpers, I check.
both blinds fold. ??? BB folded? whatever....
ragged flop
limper 1 checks, limper 2 raises 3000 to me.

hmmmm Q's are better than anything on the board, unless he flopped a low set. Re-raise to 5000, lets see if he's serious. Both fold. Nice..... time to play tight, and steal when I can.

As7s

Well this might be good as well.

2 calls, 1 call, button folds, SB folds, BB checks.
Flop A 9 5 rainbow.
checks around to me, I bet 3000, everyone folds.
it can't be this easy, can it?

Fold a few hands, called a couple limps for missed flops. #2 at the table, with the big stack to my right.

So, the chip count is about
Me 14000
3000
8000
14000
9000
22000

Kc7c
SB is all in with the blind.

3 of us stay in

flop is two small clubs and Jh
hmmm flush draw....
I'm in first, so I raise 5000, trying to steal, and get some chips in.
1 fold and, with a disgusted look, re-raise all in.

This guy has bet big and lost some showdowns, but just won a big pot, all with draws. His all-in forces me all in to call, which is how i know he has the same stack as me.

I call.

He turns over Jc 4c, so a pair of jacks and a flush draw.

hmmmm 7 clubs plus 3 kings.... 10 outs...
turn is nothing
river is another jack..... and I'm done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home